I LOVE CREAMY COMFORT FOODS
I’m an advocate for all foods are good foods and the best thing you can ever do for your health is build a better relationship with your food. When I finally got the hang of intuitive eating, it changed my life. No, I don’t eat carbonara everyday but I am going to enjoy it with my husband GUILT-FREE!
There’s a balance when it comes to listening to your bodies needs and how you nourish it. I’d love to help you learn this lifestyle too! But in the mean time, I wanted to share with you the most delish & easy pasta recipe!
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or unsalted butter
4 slices of bacon, diced
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup grated parmesan
Cooked spaghetti noodles
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. In a pan, cook your bacon with olive oil and garlic.
2. In a bowl, mix your cheese and eggs.
3. Cook your pasta al dente (still a little firm, not mushy) and use tongs to move it to the bowl with the bacon and garlic. Let it be dripping wet. **Reserve some of the pasta water.**
4. BE QUICK – you want your noodles hot to cook the eggs into a cream sauce.
5. Add the beaten eggs with cheese and toss quickly to combine once more. 6. Add salt to taste. Add some pasta water back to the pasta to keep it from drying out.
If you want to swap in a few healthier ingredients, try whole wheat, bean or veggie noodles, turkey bacon or Romano cheese instead of parmesan. You can create this however it fits your needs best but you won’t regret making this recipe!