I don’t know about you but….I’m constantly diving into snacks this week! I can’t stop snacking so I wanted to share with you a handful of my fav snacks for you to enjoy during your quarantine.
Unlike pretzels or chips, popcorn is a whole grain.Stick to lightly salted varieties, or flavor your popcorn with herbs and spices.
Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast over 2 cups air-popped popcorn.
Freeze 1 cup of grapes and enjoy them as if they’re sorbet.
Sprinkle an apple with cinnamon for a treat that tastes more decadent than it is.
A handful of 20 pistachios, 12 almonds, or 14 peanuts makes for a nice “good” fat and protein snack.
Dice 1 medium tomato and top with 2 Tbsp. feta cheese and a pinch of salt.
Cottage cheese and melon
Combine ¾ cup of melon with ½ cup of low-fat cottage cheese for a sweet dessert.
Mediterranean rice cake
Spread 1 Tbsp. of hummus on a whole-grain rice cake. Top with 2 cucumber slices.
Frozen nutty banana
Roll ½ a peeled banana in 1 Tbsp. chopped peanuts, pressing so that the nuts stick to the banana. Freeze. Enjoy!
Cookie Dough Energy Balls
These cookie dough energy balls are a healthier way to get your cookie dough fix!
- ½ cup all-natural almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup almonds, finely chopped
- 2¼ scoops Vanilla Whey Shakeology
- 2 Tbsp. mini semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
Combine ingredients in a medium bowl; mix well and roll into 13 balls, about 1-inch in diameter each.
Coco-Loco Wonder Whip
Skip the expensive, sugary store-bought ice cream and make this easy, healthier Wonder Whip!
- 1 cup reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp. cacao nibs
- 2 tsp. pure cacao powder
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla (or coconut) extract
- Pure maple syrup (or raw honey*) (to taste; optional)
Combine yogurt, coconut, cacao nibs, cacao powder, extract, and maple syrup (if desired) in a medium bowl; mix well.
This guacamole recipe is simple and bursting with bright flavors like tomatoes, onions, fresh lime juice, and cilantro.
- 2 cups mashed ripe avocado (approx. 2 large)
- ¾ cup seeded, chopped Roma tomatoes (approx. 2 medium)
- ½ cup chopped onion, (approx. ¾ medium)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (approx. 2 limes)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. seeded, chopped jalapeno pepper (approx. 1 medium) (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. lime peel (lime zest) finely grated, (approx. 2 limes)
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
Combine avocado, tomatoes, onion, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno (if desired), lime peel, oil, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; mix well.