🚨 FLARE UP 🚨
It has been a long time since I’ve had a day like today. A day where my stomach is screaming at me for something I ate. Typically, I can take a couple of extra digestive enzymes and be on my way but it’s now 6 pm and I’m patiently waiting for my hubs to get home with some ginger kombucha for me.
Do you have digestive issues? Let me share with you my top tips for inflammation.
- Homemade teas – today I enjoyed 1/2 lemon with 1 Tbsp. of mint leaves. I also like honey ginger tea with a tsp. of honey and 1 Tbsp. of fresh ginger.
- Eat wholesome, healthy meals. Pick fruits high in fiber and vegetables that are easy to digest. Enjoy foods that bring you comfort but don’t make your digestive system go into overdrive. For me, it could be a piece of gluten-free toast with a fiber-filled smoothie, some oatmeal and berries or carrots, celery and hummus. Keep it simple so you’re not stressing about cooking when you feel icky.
- Keep snacks small and if you’re hungry, eat! I often miss my hunger cues when I’m flared up so be aware of when it’s time to eat.
- Drink lots of water. Make sure you’re staying hydrated the flush out the crap in your belly (literally…).
- Lastly, listen to your body! It’s trying to tell you something. Treat it with love, fuel it right and get lots of rest.
That’s it! Stay away from over the counter laxatives and Pepto Bismol – I promise, it’s better if you treat this naturally! Check out your local health store if you feel you need something stronger.