Blueberry Cheesecake – vegan and gluten-free!
Totally gluten-free and dairy-free – because people with food allergies deserve treats too!
- 3 cups crushed graham crackers, gluten-free, vegan
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup full fat coconut milk, refrigerated
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- ¾ cup of Wild Blueberry Superfruit Puree
- ¼ cup of water
- Dash of sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch (preferably GMO-free) + 3 Tbsp. water (combine to make
- a slurry)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl, mix your graham crackers, maple syrup and melted coconut oil to create your crust. Once formed, spread and press on the bottom of your cake dish.
- Soak your cashews in boiling water for 1 hour, drain the water.
- Place soaked cashews, coconut oil, coconut milk and maple syrup in the blender. Blend until smooth and pour over your crust. Place in the freezer for an hour.
- Add 2 cups of your blueberries, coconut sugar, Wild Blueberry Superfruit Puree, salt and water in a saucepan and bring to a small boil for about 8 minutes or until your berries are soft.
- Add the cornstarch slurry to thicken your blueberry mixture. Stir frequently until thick, for about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the last cup of blueberries and place in the fridge to chill to room temperature.
- Place the cooled blueberry mixture on top of your cheesecake layer.
- Cut, serve and enjoy this blueberry treat!