Grain Free Tabbouleh Salad
It’s been so hot lately that I’ve been looking for some refreshing salads to enjoy throughout the summer. I started enjoying this delicious dish but if you’re gluten free, make sure you’re making a grain free recipe or replacing bulgur wheat with quinoa. I took our all grains from mine to make an easy, low cal side dish to have with any meal.
- 4 firm Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 English cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 bunches parsley, part of the stems removed, washed and well-dried, finely chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, very finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
Once your hands are sore from all that chopping, throw all the fresh ingredients into a large bowl, pour the lemon juice and olive oil on top and mix it all together.
Enjoy fresh or refrigerate for a later day.