I find it hard to believe that I’m sitting where I am today writing this note. Do you remember in high school when they ask you where you want to be in 5 years, I would have never guessed here.
Birthdays are always a special time in our house but this year it does feel oddly emotional. It may be because I’m another step closer to the big 3-0, or maybe I’m waiting for a phone call that sadly won’t be coming this year, or maybe I’m just so overwhelmed with how beautiful life is that I can hardly contain my emotion.
Whatever it is, I wanted to celebrate today with sharing 10 facts about myself. I was going to go with 28 but then I thought, who actually wants to read 28 things about me, let’s be real!
- I will always put others first. Even on my birthday. Funny enough, my birthday always makes me think of what I want to do for Glen’s birthday (his is only 5 weeks after mine) so I often pick out his gift and party fun around my birthday.
- I’m grateful everyday. At night, when we’re curled up in bed I say my prayers and thank God for all the wonderful people he’s placed in my life.
- My cats contribute to my happiness. Yup, that’s crazy but I love it. I spend a lot of time at home and I’m grateful that I never have to be alone.
- I say I love reading but I can never finish a book. Really, I love reading but who has the time, am I right? Thankfully, I’ve discoved Audible and that has given my runs a new purpose.
- I love holding babies but I’m still not ready for one of my own. Yes, I’m 28 and realize the clock is ticking but I’m perfectly content enjoying my quiet mornings with Glen.
- Mornings are not my friend but when I don’t wake up at 6, I’m more anxious, rushed and stressed. I enjoy the calm and productivity of the morning.
- I’m very cautious. Especially now that I’ve learned the power of my consequences. I think before I act and sometimes that’s not a good thing.
- I love smiling. I promise you, not a single photo of me has a fake smile. I’m genuinely happy, even after my workouts!
- My fav foods are easily nachos or pizza. Thankfully I’ve found ways to enjoy these despite my food allergies! So please don’t judge my cheeseless treats.
- I love coffee. Glen always laughs at this but I don’t need coffee to survive, I just really enjoy the warmth and taste. It’s comfort in a cup!
There you have it! That’s 10. Would you like me to keep going?
I have a good feeling that 28 is going to be a great year. I have big goals for this year and I know if I stay on track, we’ll be celebrating even more for 29!
PS. It’s never to early to enjoy wine on my birthday so fill your glass and celebrate with me today!