- 1 lb ground beef;
- 4 sweet or russet potatoes;
- 1/2 onion, diced;
- 1 bell pepper diced;
- ½ cup chopped green onions;
- Fresh salsa;
Ingredients for the taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp. chili powder;
- 1 tsp. ground cumin;
- ½ tsp. paprika;
- ½ tsp. dried oregano;
- ½ tsp. garlic powder;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Scrub and pat potatoes dry. Pierce potatoes all over with a fork and bake in the oven, directly on rack, until soft (about 40 to 45 min. depending on the size of your potatoes).
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the taco seasoning.
- Add the ground beef and onions to the skillet and cook until browned.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning onto the beef, and stir to combine. You may want to add 1 or 2 tbsp. of water if the meat is too dry.
- Cook the ground beef another minute or two and set aside.
- Slice each potato in half, press the insides down or scoop some out.
- Fill the potatoes with the ground beef and top with all the remaining vegetables.
- Serve with fresh homemade salsa and guacomole.