- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup seedless cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 lemon, juiced
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Rinse and drain quinoa 2-3 times to remove saporin (bitter coating); place drained quinoa in medium saucepan with water and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Turn heat off and let quinoa stand for 5 additional minutes, covered. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add vinegar, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and oregano; set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Add tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese, lemon juice, and remaining olive oil to quinoa. Toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.