2 large sweet potatoes, sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1⁄4 cup chopped green onions (or jalapenos for garnish) 1 avocado, diced or smashed
Greek yogurt or sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 425F and lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Wash and dry your sweet potatoes, then use a vegetable peeler to peel them. Slice them into 1⁄4 inch rounds and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, using your hands to ensure that each round is evenly coated. Season with paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper, tossing well.
3. Place rounds in a single layer on your baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes, turning them over halfway through to ensure they don’t burn.
4. Remove from oven and transfer rounds to a cast iron skillet or oven safe dish, allowing the edges to slightly overlap. Top with beans and cheese before returning to the oven for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped green onions. Serve with avocado, Greek yogurt or sour cream, and salsa.