How is it already the middle of summer? With every week that passes I am reminded that summer in Nova Scotia is precious and short lived. In our house, it’s very rare that Glen and I have a weeknight off so we do our best to enjoy every free moment we have, which is typically Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. We have a lot of summer fun to squish into three days but every year we make it work.
Do you have trouble finding time to squeeze your summer fun in? Here are a few tips on how to make the most of it:
- Plan ahead. Glen and I have most of our summer weekends booked before June hits.We look to see when family is vacationing, weddings are taking place, where concerts are happening and review our summer bucket list to make sure we prioritize what we really want to do.
- Want to enjoy those summer weeknights? Fire up the BBQ. There is nothing like that barbeque summer taste. And it’s best if you eat it outside, that’s a double whammy on summer fun.
- Sneak a quick dip in the lake before bed. Glen and I love too cool off on the hot nights with a short swim around the lake. Lucky for us it’s only a kilometer down the road!
- Invite friends over to enjoy drinks on the patio. Summer nights stay light longer and are warm for a reason: patio drinks.
- Be outside as much as possible. Take your dog for a walk (or your cat, we don’t discriminate), garden with your kids, have dinner on the patio, mow the lawn… Do whatever it takes to enjoy every minute of the warm weather. Remember, Netflix is a winter sport.
Summer is short in Nova Scotia so we need to do our best to enjoy it. If you’re like me, most of your summer is spent inside at work but thankfully there are many beautiful nights and sunshine filled weekends to enjoy. Let’s make the most of these last few weeks!
**If you want to see what we’re up to this summer, check out my instagram,balance.to.bliss.
“Summertime is always the best of what might be.”